Reyes Chocolate Ice Box Cake
Recipe from the family of Marisa Reyes-Tablante (’84), Apaz Reyes-Gonzales (’86), Marina Reyes (’98), Rosario Reyes-Garcia (’99), Tina Reyes (’01), Tata Reyes-Sibayan (’03), and their mom Maricar Reyes.
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
7 tbsp imported cocoa powder
2 packs all purpose cream
Lady Fingers (Broas)
1. Cream butter in a bowl and with a mixer, beat until fluffy.
2. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly add sugar. Raise the speed and whip until light and fluffy.
3. Stop the mixer and add cocoa powder. Beat again on low.
4. Add cream and mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
5. In a 9-inch square ovenproof glass container, put a layer of lady fingers, just enough to cover the bottom. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate cream. Place another layer of lady fingers and top with the rest of the chocolate cream. Spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.
Source: Woodrose Family Cookbook